REPORTS TO: CEO of Global Brigades
- Community Liaison and Project Manager,
- Community Coordinator,
- Logistics Coordinator
In-Country Program Director, Directors of Water Brigades, Microfinance Brigades, Medical Brigades, and Dental Brigades (Honduras), Environmental Brigades, Law Brigades, Business Brigades, Dance Brigades and Medical Brigades (Panama)
GLOBAL PUBLIC HEALTH BRIGADES' MISSION:
Public Health Brigades aims to develop sustainable health solutions and establish a standard of health quality with an emphasis on preventative methods and education in rural communities by engaging the efforts of both volunteers and local populations.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide strategic program leadership and overall management of the Public Health program in alignment with Global Brigades' objectives and mission.
The Program Director manages and supervises the activities of brigades, from communication with US advisors and students, to the coordination of brigade trips in Honduras. Utilizing an advanced level of comprehension of public health and international development, the Program Director will perform project planning and implementation within rural communities.
- Provides overall creative and administrative leadership to thePublic Health program, adhering to the vision and mission of the program.
- Ensures program coherence, alignment, and impact.
- Implements sustainability as a fundamental part of all program activities and outcomes.
- Manages the overall allocation of human and financial resources within the program for the timely and efficient implementation of programming goals.
- Oversees and supports staff members in developing program strategies and other agency or regional initiatives, challenging staff to be innovative, to keep abreast of new and diverse technical skills and theoretical approaches, and to fully incorporate planning and work the knowledge from the different regions and departments of Global Brigades.
- Supervises the finances of the program, providing seasonal statements to the accounting department regarding all operational expenditures.
- Participates actively in yearly Global Brigades conferences and trainings with the leadership board and advising committees.
- Promotes inter-cultural interaction and development, focusing on the formation of long term relationships between volunteers and locals.
Personnel supervision and development
- Maintains an open work environment for discussion and program improvement, utilizing the skills of all team members for the achievement of the program's goals.
- Provides overall supervision of staff members and the program agenda.
- Holds weekly program meetings in an open forum style to address concerns, improvements, suggestions, and program updates.
- Responsible for the provision of constant feedback of all staff members, in the best interest of the program and the staff at large.
Policy and Advocacy
- Represents the Public Health program at large scale Global Brigades events and conferences.
- Coordinates with other brigade departments on key advocacy issues affecting Honduras.
- Contributes to the development of agency-wide advocacy strategies.
Masters Degree in Public Health is suggested.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- A strong, vocal, and driven leader, specifically with experience in leading groups of young adults.
- A minimum of two years experience in field program management with local or international NGO is recommended.
- Strong love of the outdoors and ability to handle challenging physical labor.
- Ability to manage challenging hours while out in communities with student groups.
- Strong humanitarian skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage programs and personnel, and the ability to multi-task.
- Capacity to communicate effectively both orally and in written formats in the English and Spanish language is required.
- Demonstrated ability to improvise in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and coordinate the activities of others.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Ability to compile reports and statistics to track program successes.
- Excellent public and human relations skills; good sense of judgment and high level of discretion and diplomacy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- General knowledge of the country’s political and socio-economic reality.
- Cultural sensitivity, treating all staff members and local peoples with respect.
- Experience with international development with an emphasis in sustainability.
oportunidad se inicia:Dec 31, 2010